80-90 1st gen Isuzu Impulse/Piazza (JR130)

You don't see these around any more. But I remember a one of my friend's in my high school era had a Isuzu Impulse of this area. I thought it was kinda cool, but didn't know much about it.




The Piazza is a 3 door hatch back that, from what I read, was designed in Italy, made in Japan and backed by GM. According to Wikipedia, it is also one of the rare 80's cars. I can see that as I haven't seen one in over 25yrs.

Interesting to find that these were FR layout. So RWD, but also an NA DOHC motor or a SOHC turbo motor was available in auto or manual.





Turbo!!!!


















Nice side view


Always interesting Wheels


80's technology in a car!!! always super cool.


Maybe a special edition!!!







I don't believe they ever came here in this version, but there were 2 different digital gauge clusters.



82 digital gauge cluster



86 digital gauge cluster


















I found an Australian forum, http://www.isuzupiazza.com/forum/
and a JDM page!!  http://www.sabitori.com/












Comments