87-92 2nd gen Mazda MX-6/626 coupe aka Capella C2(GD8S)

This car was highly overlooked. When I would go to Canada in 2000, out of the sea of Hondas, there was this blue 1st gen MX-6. I almost want to say it was turbocharged, as some of the models come from the factory like that. If I remember correctly, the motor was a 2.2 lt with a FF layout. Also available was 4 Wheel Steering.

I could be wrong, but I've also seen that Europe has 4wd as well.

Spottedlaurel, on Flickr








In Europe, the Mazda MX-6 (2 door) was called the 626(sedan) coupe.

They also had headlight washers.

80's body kit.




GD MX-6 digital meter

I believe these Digital gauges where more prominent in Canada from what I read on one of the forums back in the day.

















Made in Austria. ZKW light grill. There are 3 or 4 versions, the one with the grill (for coupe) being the rarest.



Add caption


































Best forums:
mazda626.net
mx6.com

Comments