87-89 Mazda Étude Hatchback coupe (BFMP/SP)

I actually love one off cars. Something similar, yet different. I read a thread on AstinaGt that a guy in New Zealand got one and he (Michael0008) build it!  http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16024

I was unable to source many pictures and even on one Japanese page said that they are becoming rare.




 There were 2 trim levels. Si and Gi. This was a FF layout. I want to say there was a turbo model available, but I am not 100%, as it looks like people have swapped in other Familia motors. In the thread posted above. A 1.8 V6 from a Lantis was stuffed in one of these.

As you can see that this is different from the usual Familia hatchbacks, this is longer and more slopped.





















Michael0008's turbo Etude

I love the traditional 1 piece headlights with fog lights.



So clean!








While closely related to Astinas and Familias, there isn't much info out there besides what has been posted on astinagt and 323f  forums.




Comments